Four Murphy High School Football Players Sign with University of the Cumberlands

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Football Players from closest: Christian Sellers, Kendall Adams-Young, Darnell Thomas, and Tim Sanders

Savannah Vanderhoof

Savannah Vanderhoof

Savannah Vanderhoof

Murphy High School Seniors Tim Sanders, Christian Sellers, Kendall Adams-Young, and Darnell Thomas are getting a chance to keep on attacking the line as a football players.

Tim Sanders the 6’1”, 210 pound Panther outside linebacker; Darnell Thomas the 5’11”, 175 pound Panther defensive back; Kendall Adams-Young the 6’, 270 pound Panther defensive tackle; and Christian Sellers the 6’, 200 pound Panther wide receiver all signed with the University of the Cumberlands on Wednesday February 6, 2019. The University of the Cumberlands is located in Williamsburg, Kentucky and plays in the Mid-South Conference of the NAIA.

“I thought it would be the best opportunity for me to further my education and my football career.” Adams-Young said on signing day. “Cumberland is a great environment with a good coaching staff and football program. They’ve been around for a long time and went 10-2 this past season as well as clenched the Mid-South Conference Championship.”

Adams-Young credits his Panther family for getting him ready to take the next step in football.

“My teammates and the great coaching staff at Murphy High School really prepared me mentally and physically.” Adams-Young said.

Any Panther fans who have seen him play the last three of seasons would also add his size and game savvy as being reasons Adams-Young is ready for college ball. He adds that his work ethic is something else that helps give him an edge on the field.

Coach Muskingum Barnes has coached all four of these young men for most of their high school career. “These are all great kids,” Barnes stated. “They have contributed greatly to the program at Murphy and I am very proud to see them go to college and prolong their football career.”

Barnes stated that he had spoken to the four signees prior to this morning’s signing and they were all excited to go to the University of the Cumberlands together and hope to contribute to Cumberland’s great football program. Barnes stated that the signees hope to push Cumberland to an undefeated 2019 season.

While that might be a daunting task, there is no doubt great talent lies within these four young men that have been working together throughout their high school career.